EXHIBITIONS IN MUSEUMS/GALLERIES
Numbers are attributed to venues. Some of the places are more than one exhibition.
1. Kaunas city council Vincas Kudirka Public Library, department of youth music and art, A. Mapų st. 18, Mon-Fri 9 am – 7 pm, Sat 10 am – 4 pm. 1st September – 29th September, opening on September 1.
Andrej Vasilenko (Lithuania) This is Vilnius
KAUNAS PHOTO STAR 2018 Finalists – exhibition at three Kaunas old town venues:
2. Kaunas City Museum, Folk Music Branch Department, L. Zamenhofo str. 12, Tue-Fri 10 am – 6 pm, Sat 10 am – 5 pm. Museum ticket. 1st September – 13th October
3. “Meno Parkas” gallery, Rotušės sq. 27, Tue-Fri 12 pm – 6:30 pm, Sat 11 am – 4 pm. 1st September – 5th October, opening on September 1.
4. Kaunas Photography Gallery (KAUNAS PHOTO STAR 2018 Finalists – the Winner), Vilniaus str. 2, Tue-Fri 11 am – 6 pm, Sat-Sun 11 am – 5 pm. 1st September – 30th September, opening on September 1.
KAUNAS PHOTO STAR 2018 Finalists:
Kirill Golovchenko (Ukraine/Germany) Bitter Honeydew, Mindaugas Ažušilis (Lithuania) Accident, Gloria Oyarzabal (Spain) WOMAN GO NO’GREE, Davide Monteleone (Italy) A New Silk Road, Federico Estol (Uruguay) Shine Heroes, Hester den Boer (Netherlands) The Gulag Heritage, Lynné Bowman Cravens (USA) Works with different titles, Alena Grom (Ukraine) Medium of Instruction, Gregoire Cachemaille (Switzerland/Germany) Subsidences, Hannes Jung (Germany) How Is Life?, Laurent Muschel (France) Haircut – From Ethiopia to Cuba, Simon Menner (Germany) Camouflage.
5. Lithuanian Education History Museum, Vytauto av. 52, Mon-Thu 9 am – 7 pm, Fri 9 am – 5 pm, Sat 10 am – 3 pm (closed every first Saturday of month). 1st September – 12th October, visiting on September 7.
Michal Adamski (Poland) Close to the ground, far from heaven
Öncü Hrant Gültekin (Turkey/Germany) Stolen Armenian Cemeteries
6. M. Žilinskas Art Gallery, M. K. Čiurlionis National Museum of Art, Nepriklausomybės sq. 12, Tue-Sun 11 am – 5 pm, Thu 11 am – 7 pm. Museum ticket. 7th September – 13th October, opening on September 7.
Šeinius + Scheynius
Lina Scheynius, Ignas Šeinius (Sweden/Lithuania)
Home Sweet Home
Alnis Stakle (Latvia), Evžen Sobek (Czech Republic), Rubi Lebovitch (Israel), Rebeca Cordero (Mexico), Superultraextra duo: Ewa Bold & Patryk Hadas (Poland).
Haley Morris-Cafiero (USA) Wait Watchers
Vladimir Antaki (France/Canada) Family Portrait
Lasse Lecklin (Finland) The Most Beautiful Nuclear Power Plants in Europe
Tadas Kazakevičius (Lithuania) Soon to be Gone
Florian Müller (Germany) Hashtags Unplugged
Conchi Martinez (Spain) KAUNOPOLY, KAUNAS PHOTO 2018 Art Residency result
Poike Stomps (Netherlands) Crossing Europe
7. Multi-functional Study and Science center of Vytautas Magnus University, V. Putvinskio str. 23, Mon-Fri 8 am – 6 pm. 10th September – 31st October.
Emanuela Colombo (Italy) Brazilka, Kaunas Photo 2018 Art Residency result
8. Presidential library – museum of Valdas Adamkus, S. Daukanto str. 25, Mon-Fri 10 am – 4 pm. 10th September – 31st October, opening on September 10.
Ieva Martinaitis (Brazil) 11000KM
9. Chechnya Square, P. Lukšio str. 1st July – 30th October.
Joanna Cardozo (Brasil/USA) Blueprints, our home is the reflection of ourselves
10. The foot of Žaliakalnis hill funicular railway, V. Putvinskio str. 1st July – 30th October
Robert Dash (USA) Micro Climate Change
11. Lithuanian zoo, Radvilėnų rd. 21., Mon-Sun 9am – 7pm. Zoo ticket. 1st July – 30th October.
Anup Shah (UK) Migrations
12. VMU botanical garden, Ž. E. Žilibero str. 6, Mon-Sun 9am – 8pm. Botanical garden ticket. 13th July – 30th October
Emilija Petrauskienė (Lithuania) Silver Garden
More about outdoor exhibitions here >>
Program is subject to modifications! Please come back and check again, of follow KAUNAS PHOTO on Facebook, where the newest info is always up – facebook.com/Kaunas.Photo