Portfolio reviews of KAUNAS PHOTO festival have been taking place since its foundation in 2004, when this type of professional meetings was still unheard of in Lithuania. KAUNAS PHOTO portfolio reviews on a global scale are small, but higly productive events, aiming to provide quality meetings for photographers with qualified experts in practice, like curators, museologists, representatives of galleries and festivals, who are in position of decision-making and disseminating the creative work of the participants. On the other hand, it aims to create the possibility for the team of experts to get aquainted with the valuable work of talented photography artists.
Portfolio reviews for the 2019 festival edition will take place during one day (Friday, September 6), and will consist of two phases.
In the first phase, all participants will introduce themselves to all the experts.
During the break – everyone will share the lunch, participants and experts together. The lunch is ordered and paid for by the organizers of portfolio reviews.
In the second phase, one-to-one meetings will be held according to the experts’ choice of priorities.
Photographers must have their portfolio ready for display on screen in the form of jpg or pdf (25-60 photographs, maximum 3 series).
- Angela Sheard (Bradford, UK) – Impressions Gallery – Associate Curator
- Sam Mercer (London, UK) – The Photographers’ Gallery – Producer of the digital programme
- Grzegorz Jarmocewicz (Bialystok, Poland) – Bialystok INTERPHOTO – Art Director
- Mindaugas Kavaliauskas (Kaunas, Lithuania) – Kaunas Photo Festival – Director
- Gintarė Krasuckaitė (Kaunas, Lithuania) – Kaunas Photography Gallery – Curator
- Dr. Rūta Kačkutė (Vilnius, Lithuania) – National Museum of Lithuania – Director
- Deima Žuklytė-Gasperaitienė (Vilnius, Lithuania) – MO Museum – Curator
- Brigita Sinickienė (Vilnius, Lithuania) – MO Museum – Project Manager
- Valentinas Juraitis (Vilnius, Lithuania) – “Vyzdys” Publisher, Curator
Who is it for?
– both for new and established photographers.
Terms of participation:
– new photographers, prior to registering, must have a record of their work having been exhibited in a solo or collective show (in galleries, museums, festivals), or have reviews of their work published by professional art critics.
– registration by sending email to: email@example.com, subject “Portfolio reviews”, including artist CV and 10 photographs from the series you plan to present. File size – 2000px long edge, JPG 75%, overall email must not exceed 5 MB.
– participants of KAUNAS PHOTO 2019 Open Call do not need to send JPGs or CV. Mentioning the name of the series in the email is sufficient;
– Last day to register is September 4, but due to small number of places, hurry up. Only – 15 spots in total.
Upon receiving confirmation:
– participation fee of 29 EUR must be paid via bank transfer according to the details specified in confirmation email;
– indicate special requirements for lunch, if any;
– arrive at the indicated venue in Kaunas by 9:30 am on Friday, September 6 . The event will end by 3 pm.
No refunds will be given in case of failure to attend the event.
Please bring your works in USB storage (recommended amount – 25-60 photos, up to three series) and your personal display device (computer, tablet). Organizers recommend having a print version of the presentation.